Hummus & Veggie Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
These mushrooms are a great way to use left over hummus and extra veggies from the fridge.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 4 portobello mushrooms, washed and de-stemmed (keep stems)
- 2 cups Hummus, see recipe at https://livingmeatless.com/recipes/snacks/simple-hummus/
- 1 celery stalk, chopped small
- 1/2 red or yellow pepper, diced small
- 1/2 red or yellow tomato, diced small
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped small
- 2 artichoke hearts, chopped small
- 4 portobello mushroom stems, chopped small
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped small
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- balsamic glaze to taste.
Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
Grease baking sheet, or pan, with coconut oil.
Place mushroom tops on pan.
Place all stuffing ingredients (hummus, celery, pepper, tomato, broccoli, artichoke, mushroom stems and cilantro) in a mixing bowl and stir until fully mixed together.
Fill mushrooms tops with stuffing mixture until mixture is gone.
Sprinkle tops with turmeric and top with balsamic glaze.
Bake for 40 minutes.
Serve alone or with salad.
You can either make or buy hummus for this recipe.