This fresh and flavourful salad is packed with whole food nutrients like protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals to fuel your body.
- 1 can (398 mL) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can (398 mL) chickpeas (barbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- 1 can (540 mL) legumes drained and rinsed
- 1 can (340 mL) corn niblets drained
- 1 orange bell pepper cored and chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 cup green cabbage chopped
- 1/2 zucchini chopped
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (or 1 drop of cilantro essential oil) chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
Place all ingredients, except nutritional yeast, in a large mixing bowl.
Use spoon to mix thoroughly.
Place salad in bowls.
Top with nutritional yeast if desired.
Store leftovers in a sealed glass container for up to four days.