Mediterranean Tofu Scramble
A tofu scramble is a delicious alternative to scrambled eggs. This is one version of the scramble but you can add any ingredients, herbs and spices to this recipe to make it your own.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 large package of extra firm organic tofu, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 3 crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp turmeric
Place coconut oil and onion in a frying pan that has been heated to medium-high. Sauté for 5 minutes.
Add garlic. Sauté for another minute.
Add pepper, zucchini, mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until they start to soften.
Add tofu, basic, black olives and turmeric. Sauté until heated.
Remove from heat and place neatly onto a plate or into a bowl. Top with baked almond feta.
Serve with a slice of organic whole grain or gluten-free toast.