Rainbow Slaw Salad
This slaw takes a spin on the traditional coleslaw and is bursting with colour and flavour. You can serve this salad as it is or add to a bed of romaine lettuce to make a more traditional salad.
Ingredients for salad:
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 beet, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
Ingredients for the Gold Elixir Dressing:
- ½ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp Bragg's soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup olive oil
Instructions for the salad:
Mix all ingredients in large bowl
Toss well and serve.
Top with Gold Elixir dressing.
Instructions for Gold Elixir Dressing:
Place all ingredients except oil in blender.
Begin blending at normal speed. As the mixture is blending, slowly add oil until it’s completely blended.
This recipe should last over a week in the fridge.