Chocolate Macaroons (Haystacks)
My mom used to make these tasty cookies on a regular basis although they were full of butter and corn syrup, which we now know to be very hard on the body. With this upgraded recipe you will be able to enjoy these tasty treats guilt-free!
Prep Time 10 minutes
- 3 cups dried, organic coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ cups raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp vanilla powder
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp sea salt
For superfood chocolate macaroons add to base recipe:
- ½ tsp black maca powder
- ½ tsp Harmonic Arts 14 mushroom blend
- ¼ tsp schizandra berry powder
- Top each macaroni with 1 goji berry
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir well to combine.
Using a small melon baller spoon rounds of the mixture onto dehydrator sheet.
Refrigerate until cookies are solid or dehydrate at 115 F for 10 hours.