Quinoa is considered an ancient grain, as it is part of the amaranth family. It is a light, gluten-free, alternative to rice and is contains a healthy balance of energy giving carbohydrates and tissue-building protein.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 cups dry quinoa
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 20 mint leaves minced
- 1 large tomato seeded and finely diced
- ¾ English cucumber peeled in strips
- ¼ cup parsley minced
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 to 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tbsp low Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- ½ tsp fennel seed
Place quinoa and vegetable broth in a saucepan, cover, turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and let simmer until cooked and and fluffy (about 15 minutes).
Set aside and allow to cool.
In the meantime, chop up veggies, add remaining ingredients and place in a large bowl.
Once cooled, add quinoa and mix thoroughly.
Serve immediately or allow to sit for about an hour to let the flavours blend.